Sunday, May 3, 2009

More kilts than in Scotland



So it must be Nova Scotia. Actually Fort George, Halifax, with a group of recreators acting as 78th Highland Regiment of the mid-Victorian period.

This little one-minute film was shot in August 2003. There is no sound, so you can thank me for avoiding a bagpipe rendition of 'Nova Scotia the Brave' and various tourists babbling. Feel free to add your own extempore piano accomplishment.

We'd just arrived to have a look around the fort, and I was just testing out our new digital camera. Remarkably this squad acted like I'd scripted and directed the shot - as usual various other visitors did their usual bluebottle impression. It's uncut, which I think makes me lucky, rather than a film auteur.

Just something a little different.

James

No comments: